Who can request VQRP service?

Published in VQRP

VQRP - ServicesA victim who has suffered emotional and/or physical harm is eligible for these services if he or she has reported a violent Criminal Code offence to a:


• Police service in the province of Ontario 

• Sexual Assault Centre or Domestic Violence Shelter in cases of domestic violence or sexual assault 

• Hospital or other community agency that provides services to victims of sexual assault and/or domestic violence in the province of Ontario. 

A victim as defined in the Victims' Bill of Rights, 1995, means a person who, as a result of the commission of a crime by another, suffers emotional or physical harm, loss of or damage to property or economic harm. Under the Victims’ Bill of Rights, if the commission of a crime has resulted in the death of a person, then that person's child, parent, dependent or spouse may also be considered a victim. 

For the purpose of the administration of the VQRP, if the commission of a crime resulted in the death of a person then that person's grandparent, grandchild, mother, brother or sister may also be considered a victim. 

The following individuals may also request services on behalf of a victim: 

• An immediate family member applying on behalf of the victim 

• The custodial guardian of a victim who is a minor child 

• An individual with legal authority to act on behalf of a victim who has special needs. 

Crimes that are covered include: Homicide, Domestic Violence, Attempt Murder, Serious Physical Assault, Sexual Assault, Hate Crimes. 

For more information or to access the Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP) contact Timmins & District Victim Services.

Visitor counter, Heat Map, Conversion tracking, Search Rank

How to reach us >>

We offer services from two locations:

 Send us an email!


If this is an emergency, please contact 
1-877-264-4208  or  call 9-1-1


185 Spruce Street South
Timmins Police Station
Timmins, ON
P4N 2M7

(705) 360-8700

Close Panel


Leave this site NOW

Find out how to be Web Safe